Effective as of November 1, 2021
- Personal information we collect
- How we use your personal information
- How we share your personal information
- Your choices
- Other sites and services
- International data transfer
- How to contact us
Personal information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal information about you through the following means:
Information you provide directly to us or an event planner.
Personal information we may collect about you includes:
Data about others.
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, email address, professional title and company name, and phone number. We may collect this information from you when you register or use the Service, from event planners that utilize the Service for their live events (e.g., conferences), and when you communicate with us via the website or through other means.
- Profile data, such as the username and password that you may set to establish an online account for the Service, redemption code, preferences, and any other information that you add to your account profile or through the registration process.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions or feedback, through the Service, our website, surveys, or otherwise, including testimonials that we may share on our mobile application.
Users of the Service may have the opportunity to refer friends or other contacts to us and share their contact information with us. Please do not refer someone to us or share their contact information with us unless you have their permission to do so.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
We may use your personal information to:
Research and development.
- provide, operate and improve the Service, the website and our business;
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Service;
- to enable user to user communications for certain events;
- facilitate your invitations to friends who you want to invite to join the Service;
- enable security features of the Service, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in;
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications; and
- provide support for the Service, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, pseudonymized or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into pseudonymized or anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this pseudonymized or anonymous data and share it with third parties, such as event planners, for lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
We and our service providers may collect and use your personal information for marketing purposes. We may send you Nearabl-related or other direct marketing communications as permitted by law. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section below.
Compliance and protection.
We may use your personal information to:
With your consent.
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements or our internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
In some cases, we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
We generally retain personal information to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, to establish or defend legal claims, or for fraud prevention purposes. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we may consider factors such as the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
When we no longer require the personal information we have collected about you, we may either delete it, anonymize it, or isolate it from further processing.
How we share your personal information
Third parties that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, marketing, and website analytics).
Third parties designated by you.
We may share your personal data with third parties where you have instructed us or provided your consent to do so. We will share personal information that is needed for these other companies to provide the services that you have requested.
Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others.
Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations and diligence for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Nearabl or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
All such parties described above other than service providers may, to the extent permitted by law, use personal information as described in their own privacy policies.
You have the following choices with respect to your personal information.
Access or update your information.
If you have registered for an account with us through the Service, you may review and update certain account information by logging into the account.
Opt-out of marketing communications.
You may opt-out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us. Please note that if you choose to opt-out of marketing-related emails, you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the website may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Mobile location data or microphone access.
You can disable our access to your device’s precise geolocation or microphone in your mobile device settings. However, please note that if you disable access to your device’s precise geolocation or microphone, the Service may not work properly. For example, the Service may no longer be able to help you navigate in a building map without access to your geolocation, and the Service may no longer be able to accept voice commands from you without access to your microphone.
Do Not Track.
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com
Declining to provide information.
We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
Close your account.
If you wish to request to close your account, please contact us.
Other sites and services
The Service may contain links to websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and mobile applications and online services you use.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Service is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Service from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it. We encourage parents or guardians with concerns to contact us.
How to contact us
- Email: [email protected]
- Mail: Attn: Nearabl Inc
874 Walker Road, Suite C,
Dover, DE, 19904.